My Progress

September 9, 2010

DVD Review: Jillian Michaels: Shred It With Weights

I bought a 10-lb GoFit Kettlebell from Target because I wanted a new toy to encourage me to workout.  The free DVD that came with the kettlebell was boring and low-budget and my new toy was sitting on the floor gathering dust.  So I was really excited when I heard that Jillian Michaels: Shred-It With Weights actually used kettlebells.

Last night I scanned ExerciseTV OnDemand and found the new selection from Jillian.  ExerciseTV is a great resource for testing out all the latest exercise videos.  You can totally try it before you buy it or just check out a video if you want a change of pace (think bellydancing, celebrity videos, etc).

Back to the video, you can read a full description on Amazon but I have to say I really enjoyed this video.  Don't get me wrong, it was NOT easy!  I had a pretty good sweat going after about 12 minutes but I enjoyed the challenge.  This isn't a video you can master in a few days, which I also consider a plus.  I did Level 1 but the DVD includes 2 workouts so once you've mastered the first, there is another one to conquer.  Jillian is definitely a pro at these videos so she provides good cues and great motivation throughout the video.

Since exercise is crucial to weight loss and I'm trying to do it the right way, I'm committing to at least 30 minutes a day.  Some days will be walking/jogging with my sister, but on the days I can't get outdoors I will be relying on my exercise DVD collection.  I think I'll dust off some of the older videos, try them out again (its been awhile) and maybe post a review.

After completing my workout last night I immediately ordered Shred-It with Weights, I also ordered Marisa Tomei: Core & Curves, I can't wait until they arrive!

P.S.  I'm an admitted shopaholic which is not limited to clothes, shoes, and bags...exercise DVDs and diet books are another weakness.

No comments:

Post a Comment